Tuesday, November 06, 2007

i am a health professional

I've been waiting for today all semester long.

We did our first male and female pelvic exams.

YUP. It's official.

It went surprisingly well. Our standardized patients from USC have been trained extensively on how to critique your techniques as well as your interpersonal skills and language while you're performing your exam on them. I can't imagine how awkward it must be for them, because it certainly was (initially) awkward on my end. After the first minute or two, the discomfort subsided and I felt much more at ease, but could still feel some pearls of sweat rolling down my spine.

Today was definitely a confidence booster. I'm so thankful these people were willing to
have us perform our first male and female exams on them. My future patients will definitely benefit from the experience I gained today!

Any takers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home