Monday, October 22, 2007

Twenty-seven.

That's how old I am today. Ten years ago, I envisioned I would be completing my residency as a family practice doctor by this age (you know, finish college at 21, med school by 25, residency by 27). God has had way better plans for me!
  • Went to Washington DC and fell in love with the idea of being a primary care provider (not necessarily a doctor!)
  • Found a wonderful church family - Revolution Church!
  • Started great friendships with awesome people through places I've worked: a health clinic and physical therapy offices
  • Reconnected with old friends
  • Got to move in with my family and live life with them
  • Met an amazing man - my boyfriend Junior
  • Became a nurse and now working on becoming a Nurse Practitioner
...and this is just a small portion of my thankfulness list! Life is always better with God in the driver's seat!

I'm not big on celebrating my birthday, but I suppose some people are. For example --













Junior brought over freshly brewed coffee and warm, yummy cinnamon rolls for me this morning for breakfast... which he made from scratch. He even made a banana cake last night after taking me out to dinner at Cosi. Cosi is huge on the east coast, so I was pleasantly surprised when they opened one in Costa Mesa. Bummer that Cosi ran out of fuel for their famous table-side do-it-yourself s'mores, but it freed us up to head out early so I could open my gifts, one of which I'm wearing right now.












They're super cozy. I got him a pair for Valentine's and have always coveted them. At least now I won't be tempted to steal his.

We'll see what the rest of today holds. For now, it's off to read, read, and read for class since I've got a midterm tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 5:24 AM , Blogger scmusicals said...

There's a Cosi here?!? I love Cosi! The first time I went was in Philly in December 2001. Mmm...smores...flatbread...blackberry steamer...

Okay...now that I'm out of that trance...I want to wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY (a few hours late)!

Whenever you have a free moment we should get together with some of the gals and celebrate. =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home