Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Yogurt-Land

Only recently have I taken to frozen yogurt, with Golden Spoon boysenberry in the lead on my list of favorite flavors. I'm not much into the toppings. I firmly believe a good frozen yogurt should be able to hold its own.

I admit to trying Pinkberry ONCE last year at the urging of my cousin who is voraciously smitten over this unique recipe of yogurt which may be generously accompanied by toppings such as Captain Crunch or fresh fruit. I was not impressed much by Pinkberry and really feel all the hype was not worthy of its taste. It was bland, and the only thing worth mentioning was the fresh fruit toppings, which were the only things I enjoyed.

So, tonight, I met with my I WILL group at Yogurtland in Long Beach. I was very hesitant, given my experience with Pinkberry, but I figured everything is at least worth one try.

Much to my surprise, I like it. Can't say that I'm C-R-A-Z-Y about it, but it is good. Lots of appetizing flavors of frozen yogurt, like Pineapple and Banana, even things like Green Tea and Cookie Dough. Like Pinkberry, they have extras like the Captain Crunch and fresh fruit. It's (somewhat) reasonably priced at $0.30 an ounce, but just be aware that it adds up. Bottom line: Frozen yogurt = less calories & less fat with lots of flavor.

BTW, for all your RITE-AID ice cream lovers (myself included), I've heard they raised their prices. $1.20/scoop. I never thought I'd see the day.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM , Blogger Will said...

Thanks for the review. I'm gonna have to check out Yogurtland. There is another one that is similar to all, and it's called Red Mango in Lakewood. I like this better than Pinkberry.

I love Rite Aid ice cream scoops. I remember when Rite-Aid used to be called Thrifty's and back in the day it was 15 cents a scoop!

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Will said...

So I finally tried Yogurtland across from CSULB for the first time today.

It was pretty good, and way cheaper than Pinkberry. I got Green Tea and NY Cheesecake, topped with fruity pebbles, chocolate chips, and three pieces of mochi. It was only $3.80! I couldn't believe it.

It made me realize how overpriced Pinkberry really is.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home