Sunday, March 05, 2006

caffeine is a CNS stimulant

At the beginning of last semester, we were asked to list all the drugs we knew for different categories (e.g. anti-hypertensives, anti-infectives, etc.). What topped my list under central nervous system stimulants was CAFFEINE. Now, at 2 AM, after 5 hours of studying, 1 cafe mocha, and 2 cups of green tea, I remembered I started this blog 4 months ago and I completely abandoned it in the midst of finals. I love caffeine. And from what I learned from studying today, caffeine is "not statistically linked to increased blood pressure." Thank God!

Today was a good day. I spent my morning enjoying breakfast with Maureen, Nicole, and Marianne at
La Creperie Cafe in Belmont Shores. I love that place. I've been there 2 years in a row for my birthday, plus every month in between...no joke! I have the greatest friends -- Nicole emailed me the other week reminding me that we never got around to celebrating my birthday (which is in October), so we'd celebrate it today. Besides awesome food, we shared great conversation and laughs. I think I may have enlightened them with my profound knowledge of insulin, bedsores, and the like.

Aside from studying, I spent part of my evening at my aunt's celebrating her birthday. One of my uncles taped a few episodes of
Dancing with the Stars . I admit, I enjoy the show and it makes me want to learn how to dance...and dance well! But after my family repeated the fact that Cheryl (one of the professional dancers) was Filipino about a dozen times and then busted out the karaoke, I knew it was time to jet. Studying sounded much more appealing.

God is good. Despite how crazy school can be, He always provides me with knowledge of how full and amazing my life is. I can't wait for service tomorrow morning -- new series! Oh, and Emily, my best friend from school, called me this evening saying that one of her friends in Cerritos has actually been going to
Revolution on and off over the past month. She's hoping that I can figure out who he is and hopefully just chat it up. So we'll see!

1 Comments:

At 9:55 AM , Blogger Will said...

Hey. It's Will from Revolution. That is hilarious. The repeated "did you know she is filipino?" and busting out the "Magic Mic". What a common scenario. Sounds like my family! Got adobo? ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home